Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mah Cell Phone

Many of my friends find my phone amazing. It has a keyboard, it has a camera that takes pictures and records videos, and it can play music. However, as some of them know, it's been having problems.



It started turning off randomly several months ago. Since I could just turn it back on, I didn't think of it as a big deal. However, as time went on, it would even turn off when it was right in the middle of playing a song or texting someone. Still, I refused to admit there was anything wrong with it.


Then, when I wanted to play a song, it wouldn't play. It didn't say anything about an error - the song simply wouldn't play. It would act like I was playing it, and the volume was at its highest, but it acted like it was on mute. It would usually start playing after about 30 seconds, though, so I still thought my phone was fine.


But even more recently, the music wouldn't play AT ALL, and ringtones, too. But I usually fixed that by restarting my phone and taking out and re-entering the memory card. Once again, I convinced myself that my phone was working properly.


However, a few days ago...I was forced to see the truth.


I was at Lily's birthday party. Her mom had rented a jump house. Rachelle, Kylea and I were lazily laying down in it while the others were inside. I took out my phone and started playing "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias. And as the chorus was playing, it started to skip.


Yes. It skipped. Like a scratched CD.


Still in denial of the fact that my phone was breaking, I played a different song. It also skipped.


I was horrified. I didn't know how to stop that. What was I going to do if I couldn't play mah songz?


Then, I realized. I needed a new phone.


Yep; it's exactly how it sounds. I refused to admit that I needed a new phone until I couldn't play mah songz. If it can at least play music, a broken phone will always be properly working in my mind. I can't live without mah songz.


And that, my friends, is the story of how I came to the obvious conclusion that I needed a new phone.


MAH SONGZ!!!!!!


-BriannaCHM

No comments:

Post a Comment