Saturday, July 10, 2010

Paramore = Cutting?

Greetings! Today I am here to talk about being emo!


"Emo." When you hear that, what's the first thing that comes to your mind? I'm pretty sure I can take a guess.


Screamo music, all black clothes...oh, and let's not forget the one of the biggest stereotypes: cutting yourself.


On facebook, I said that I was at Hot Topic with a friend of mine (and it was her first time at the store), and said, "I have many things to teach her about the ways of the emo. >:D"


A few people seemed very surprised at the statement, and that was probably because they automatically thought of cutting when they read the word "emo." And this is my response to that.
 "Emo" does not mean that you cut yourself. It's a music style and fashion. The cutting thing is a stereotype. I would be considered "emo" because I listen to several emo bands like Paramore, Panic at the Disco, and All-American Rejects, and like dark colors and the clothes they sell at Hot Topic. So according to most people's logic, if you listen to Paramore, you cut yourself. (Plus, just a side-note, I don't ONLY listen to emo bands. I like Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, and other pop music too. I even kinda like Britney Spears. XD)


And one of my friends said, "but there aren't any pics of you wearing black clothes." For one thing, it's summer XD Black clothes are a definite no-no when it's this freaking hot. I'd melt into a pool of sweat. Even if it's not hot, I don't usually wear all-black. And when I do, it looks normal. Just a black shirt with some design on it and black jeans.


I'm not saying that no one cuts themselves. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm trying to say is that someone who wears all-pink is probably just as likely to cut themselves as someone who wears all-black.


I just hate the fact that if I say I'm emo, some people will think I'm all gloomy and hate the world and stuff.


Okay, I'm done with my rant. lol


...I kind of feel like a hypocrite now. I refuse to elaborate on that statement. Goodbye! XP


(Aren't you surprised that a twelve-year-old knows such big words? lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment